IHM logo

Friday, September 11, 2015

Reading Logs

Reading logs are due with week's total and parent's signature
on Monday.
Make sure the student's name is on the top also!
I am taking a grade on these. 


I have assigned 75 total reading minutes per week (for now... ).  This is calculated by15 minutes a night for 5 nights/days or a lump some any night.  This number will increase throughout the year.  I expect student's stamina for reading to increase.

To determine a grade I divide the total minutes read by 75.  I give a percent (100% or lower) in Jupiter.  It is worth only 10 points.

I expect to see the actual times that were read.  Please use a timer or stopwatch.
Don't just put 15, 15, 15, 15, 15!!!!!! 
Lets help inforce honesty.
I don't like the idea of setting the kitchen timer or ipad timer for 15 minutes.
When the buzzer sounds, that doesn't mean, "It's over!" & put down the book.

Instead set a stopwatch and try to get "lost in a book"!  
Let's FALL in LOVE with Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment